All Classes Include The Following:
- Extensive course notes including a basic tutorial on making simple beads and dot placement, for you to take home.
- Use of all equipment and materials required to complete the class.
- All the beads you make and I make, cleaned and posted to you the following working day - Small additional charge if multiply addresses on a taster session.
- Access to my collection of lampwork and jewellery books.
- Access to my work.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits of course!
- Use of fridge and microwave.
I find there are 2 categories of beginners, those that want a day out doing something a little different and those that are intending to take up bead making in the future and want to learn a few basic skills. I can tailor your lesson to suit your individual requirements. A full day will give you enough information to have the knowledge & confidence to set up at home if you wish.
Improvers/Specific Skills in Lampwork
Whether you have only a few hours torch experience or have been lampworking for some time, I can help you improve your existing skills and develop your knowledge as well as cover a wide range of techniques of your choice including the following: Taming dots, raking and twisting dots, encasing, floral bead techniques, making and using twisted canes, making bracelet beads, stripy and petal beads, carousel beads and disc or wheel beads.
If there is something not listed that you had in mind please contact me to discuss.
All classes are available for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people.
I do not book other people in your class so you will either be on your own or with those that you personally book to come along with you. There is a minimum charge of £120 for Saturday or Sunday classes.
Taster Session (3 hours) Beginners Classes (You can expect to make 6-12 simple beads)
For 1 person - £75
If you have up to 3 friends that would like to come and share the 3 hour session the prices are:
2 people - £120
3 people - £150
4 people - £180
Full Day (6 hours) Beginners Classes (You can expect to make 12-20 simple beads)
For 1 person - £140
If you have up to 3 friends that would like to come and share the 6 hour session the prices are:
2 people - £200
3 people - £285
4 people - £340
Improvers or Specific Skills.
For 1 person, 3 hour half day - £85
For 1 person, 6 hour day - £150
If you have a group of lampworking friends that would like to come and share the 6 hour Improvers or specific skills session, please contact me for a price.
£7.50 per hour, per torch.
Torch rental is only available to previous students of mine or those who can demonstrate previous knowledge. I can cater for 3 people and there is a minimum duration of 2 hours.
The price includes the following:
• use of the Nortel Minor Burner and didymium safety glasses.
• use of pre dipped mandrels. For larger than 2mm please let me know before the day.
• use of lampworking tools and kiln.
• access to a wide array of books.
• use of kettle, fridge and microwave.
The price does not include glass but a wide range of glass is available to purchase by the rod.
Rented torch time does not officially include any input from me, although I will be there working on my own things and am usually happy to chat and answer the odd question.
Should you wish to stay overnight, affordable accommodation is available locally.